I am exceptionally proud to have been voted onto the board by my peer group of members of the NBCS. It is my intention to be the voice on the board for the members, increase the existing membership numbers and work tirelessly to galvanise the NBCS to finally become the authority and true picture of business crime in the UK.
The NBCS Board was put in place in 2017 following a member-led review of the governance structure in light of new funding from the Home Office.
Working with the NBCS executive team to influence our long-term direction, the board has the following responsibilities that are reflected in the vision and strategy of the organisation:
- Overseeing the strategy, values, standards and goals of the organisation
- Making certain that the data that is gathered is processed in a secure and responsible manner, and intelligence utilised properly
- Working to help members see the ‘bigger picture’ by showing how collaboration can lead to effective outcomes
- Promoting the work of the organisation to make sure it is recognised in the industry as the leading UK authority
- Ensuring adequate human and financial resources are available to achieve goals and keep the NBCS as an independent organisation that works for its members