The NBCS Board was put in place in 2017 following a member-led review of the governance structure in light of new funding from the Home Office.
Working with the NBCS executive team to influence our long-term direction, the board has the following responsibilities that are reflected in the vision and strategy of the organisation:
- Overseeing the strategy, values, standards and goals of the organisation
- Making certain that the data that is gathered is processed in a secure and responsible manner, and intelligence utilised properly
- Working to help members see the ‘bigger picture’ by showing how collaboration can lead to effective outcomes
- Promoting the work of the organisation to make sure it is recognised in the industry as the leading UK authority
- Ensuring adequate human and financial resources are available to achieve goals and keep the NBCS as an independent organisation that works for its members